As a passionate athlete, you’re always striving to improve your performance and maximize your fitness goals. When muscle, tendon and ligament injuries threaten to get in the way of your lifestyle, our physiotherapy services in Langley can accelerate your healing process and get you back into your journey to feel your best!
Physiotherapists are highly trained and qualified in effective techniques that will work to treat your unique injury situations. We will make a tailored recovery plan to help you heal effectively, ensuring the best possible outcome for you.
Physiotherapy goes beyond skin-deep
Our collaborative team of physiotherapists and exercise therapists can help design a suitable plan that includes:
- Soft tissue massage to help reduce tightness and swelling
- Joint mobilization to relieve tension and stiffness
- Exercises to help you improve your joint motions and flexibility
- Balance exercises to improve core strength and boost fitness ranges
- Stretching methods to reduce tissue tension and alleviate muscle soreness
- Self-management strategies that can be implemented in the comfort of your home to help accelerate your healing
What can you expect at your first Physiotherapy appointment?
- Medical History and Assessment: A complete medical history and physical examination will be conducted to determine the starting point for treatment as well as the root cause of the issue at hand.
- Treatment Plan: Your Physiotherapist will discuss the findings of your history and examination, and develop a personalized, collaborative treatment plan with you, based on your specific needs. This could include hands-on Physiotherapy techniques or instrument-assisted therapies, along with exercises aimed at promoting healing and further injury prevention. Your Physiotherapist will also ensure you have a thorough understanding of your injury, how certain treatments can facilitate recovery, and what to expect after treatment ends.
- Treatment: Your Physiotherapist will carry out any agreed-upon treatments and walk you through any recommended exercises. If concerns arise, alternative therapies can be discussed. This is a collaboration between you and your physiotherapist, and your lifestyle and limitations are important parts of your healing journey.
Physiotherapy is a proactive approach to preventing further injuries
An old injury can flare up if it’s not appropriately tended to, just as a minor injury that you may not think is important can further inflame the surrounding area. The most common sports injuries occur in every range of athletes; from the professional football player to the weekend walker. Here are the most common sports injuries:
- Knee Injuries – Including runner’s knee and elongated times of cycling periods, knee injuries include dislocated ligaments and patellar tendonitis.
- Shin Splints – The shin bone can be aggravated due to a lack of orthopedic support poor alignment of the body.
- Sprains – An unexpected fall or an aggressive blow to the body causes the joint to be knocked out of position. Most common in ankles and wrists.
- Strains – Caused from overstretching or involuntary pulling of a muscle. Most common in neck and back injuries.
Get your A-Game back with professional physiotherapy sessions
At Rebound Clinic, we take your success personally. We will develop an individual regime to make sure you are continually performing at an optimum level, whether that’s on an indoor volleyball court or in an outdoor soccer field. We accelerate your rehabilitation period and aid you in a better understanding of your body’s vital biomechanics to prevent further injuries.
You owe it to yourself to invest in the resources that can maximize your athletic performance and reach your long-term goals without pain getting in the way!
Book your consultation today and discover a faster route to accelerate your healing process!